I've been threatening to write about comic books for a while, and, while I'd prefer somebody to pay me to do it (maybe someday), I'm also not going to just wait around. I have thoughts. Thoughts about things and stuff. I'm going to share them with you here.
What will I be covering? So glad I asked!
- Capsule reviews for new comics that I pick up on a monthly basis. I have a core group of titles that I "subscribe" to, but I always end up trying a few extras along the way.
- Capsule and full reviews of old comics that are sitting around in my collection.
- Photo chronicles of my hauls from Austin Books' Sidekick Store, where the $1 back issues are like nothing I've ever seen before.
- Infrequent thoughts on industry news.
- My personal doodles and sketches of superheroes and such.
- And more!
"And more" gives me an out to do whatever I feel like. I'm about to begin work on a book that will be a combination of the critical evaluation of specific issues of comics and how those individual comics related to times in my life. My hope is that it'll be a memoir that both comic readers and non-comic readers can enjoy. Sort of like Fargo Rock City, but instead of heavy metal, I'll be talking about She-Hulk.